Free to Download!
Free eBook: 10 Tips To Make Your Website Better
10 tips to make your website not just great, but better than your competitors.
Website Project FAQs
Got a question about a website project?
Want to know how long it will take to build, or if we can guarantee you will be on the first page in google, or what software you will need to maintain your site?
Compare the features of our website design packages if you want to get an idea of cost and what comes as standard with all our website development projects.
We are Joomla! Specialists
Joomla! is an award-winning content management system (CMS), powering millions of websites.
Joomla! is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone. In other words, if your site is built with Joomla!, you are not limited to who you use to update or manage it.
We have chosen Joomla! over other CMS systems (such as Wordpress, Drupal, Catalyst, Silverstripe etc.) because:
- It is highly flexible
- It is powerful - running all kinds of sites from business and corporate to E-commerce, schools, governments, magazines to intranet and portals
- It has a vast community which means access to almost any kind of extension or component to provide the required functionality
Websites built with Joomla! CMS
Why Build a site with Joomla?
Joomla! is a CMS used by millions of websites around the world. It combines ease of use with power to customise and extend.
Who uses Joomla?
Here are just a few examples of Web sites that use Joomla:
- Harvard University
- United Nations Regional Information Centre
- Energy UK
- Peugeot Official International
- Guggenheim museum
- And of course those in our portfolio
What Joomla! means for you
1. Building your website with Joomla! means you can update the content yourself if you wish
- Has front-end editing for even easier use
- Is mobile friendly out of the box
- Has easy template management - have different looks for different pages
- Is an open source system means it's the community of users that influence features and capabilities - you are not locked into what a single company dictates
3. Joomla! can be hosted close to your audience (e.g in New Zealand) unlike hosted solutions (e.g Wix, Webbly) that are located elsewhere like the US. This is a factor in search engine optimisation (SEO).
4. You can extend a Joomla! site with additional functionality including:
- E-commerce and payment capabilities
- Member only areas
- Event calendars
- Image galleries and portfolios
- Booking systems
- Multilingual capability
- Access control limiting certain content to certain groups
- Contact and registration forms
5. And you can access a whole community for help and extended functionality.
Why we prefer Joomla!
A content management system (CMS) is a type of technology that manages the 'stuff' you see on a website. This includes text, images, video, data etc. CMS tools are now very popular as they allow people to update the content of their website without having to understand the code behind it.
After using quite a few content systems in our time, we chose to use Joomla!
Essentee Web Design is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters. The Joomla! logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.